We sincerely hope this post finds you all well and on your way to accomplishing your New Year’s resolutions. We are on our way to accomplishing ours, slowly but surely. Please take a moment to read over this message that we just received concerning the orphanage in which we worked in Nepal during our trip around the world and are now sponsoring a child. If you can help financially, great. If not, at least please pray for this opportunity for the women and children around Pokhara to benefit from this project and improve their living conditions. I assure you, the need is quite evident there. If you want to donate and can’t get it done with the bank info which they provide on their website listed below, please let us know and we can either coach you through setting up an account with a company called “Money to Nepal” or we can give you the link to our paypal account and we will forward the money to Rainbow Children’s Home. Please be a part of this project. P.S.-RCH is still looking for sponsors for some of the 26 children currently living in the orphanage. Please check out this http://orphancarenepal.org/help.php
link if you are interested in sponsoring one of these amazing children. If you pick one to sponsor, let us know and we may be able to give some insight into the child, as we have met most of them…
Project Name : Rainbow Handicraft Project
Project Managed by : Rainbow Children Home Nepal
Beneficiaries : Helpless, socially oppressed, divorced, widow and poor women of Nepal and Rainbow Children Home Organization
Project Location : Dihiko Patan, Lakeside Pokhara-6, (Near by Rainbow Home)
Our aim is to help the disadvantaged women and children of Nepal. We wish to give disadvantaged women of Nepal independence through giving them work and making them financially strong, enabling them to support their children. Equipping a poor woman with the skills and resources to market her talents will in turn provide her and her family with a source of stable, constant income. We plan to establish a small handicraft industry in order to give job security to disadvantaged women, thereby providing women and their children with shelter, food and education. The women we help will be able to live a family life and lives will be saved through our small handicraft project. Our commitment is to produce the finest handmade products possible using only the highest quality raw materials available.
Objectives of the Project:
The specific objective is to increase income and job opportunities for poor helpless widow, disadvantaged, social oppressed and divorced women in selected rural areas by improving their financial situation and make them financially independent. There are many objectives of this handicraft project, the main objectives is to empower the poor and helpless women. This project will help poor and helpless women to generate small income and financially self dependence also they will able to look after their children and their education after their job security. Sustainable development in the long run is better and necessary for making our home (Rainbow Children Home) sustainable and independent in financial aspect. It will generate some regular fund for sustaining our organization (RCH). The other objective is to help the Rainbow Children Organization financially and it helps the children to learn about small Industry. After some years, our children will be big enough and finish their school education and they might be joining this handicraft industry, they will earn money and will be independent, it helps to manage their life by their selves. At least they can earn their daily salary. Other aim of this project is committed to uplift socio-economic conditions of the socially deprived and economically backward especially poor and helpless widow and divorced women through imparting technical know-how and appropriate skill at the local level. Equipping a poor woman with the skills and resources to market her talents will in turn provide her family with a source of stable, constant income.Main Objectives of throject
· Provide income and job opportunities: The main objective is to increase income and job opportunities for poor, widowed, disadvantaged, socially oppressed and divorced women in selected rural areas by improving their financial situation and making them financially independent.
· Protect children at risk: By helping women to generate income and obtain financial dependence they will be able to care for their children and provide them with an education, protecting them from things such as child labor.
· Sustainable development: We aim to make Rainbow Children Home a self-sustainable and financially independent organization. The project will generate regular funds for the long term sustainability and development of our organization.
· Educating the children of Rainbow Children Home: The RCH children will have an opportunity to learn about the running of a small business. In the future, after finishing school, our children will be old enough to join the handicraft industry; they will earn money and will be independent and selfsufficient.
Actually the aim of this project is not to make business or make money; even some profit will come to us. Our aim is to give job opportunities and give financial independence to the helpless women, so we divide the profit to the worker as well as we will put some profit in Rainbow Children account for the children of Rainbow. If some one buys our product, their money directly goes to raw materials, wages and small profit will go to Rainbow Children Home Organization.
Price = Raw Materials + Staff Wages + Overheads + 5% Profit (for RCH)
We have included a margin of 5% that is used to provide our members with additional skills training, manufacturing equipment, performance bonuses, scholarships, and aid to members who become injured or sick. RCH will manage an Employee Welfare Fund for the employee’s help and support to be used if employees have monetary problems.
Approximate start-up costs for the handicraft project
S.N. PARTICULARS in NRs. In USD
01. Land (1 year lease) 50000.00 NR 694.44 USD
02. Building works (3 x rooms & 1 x office) 500000.00 NR 6944.44 USD
03. Sewing machines x 3 50000.00 NR 694.44 USD
04. Craft machines x 3 40000.00 NR 555.56 USD
05. Over locker and interlocker machines x 2 30000.00 NR 416.67 USD
06. Equipment, furniture, and raw materials 250000.00 NR 3472.22 USD
07. Training for employees (3 month course) 50000.00 NR 694.44 USD
08. Generator for power supply 90000.00 NR 1250.00 USD
09. Staff salaries - 10 staff 70000.00 NR 972.22 USD
10. Miscellaneous 30000.00 NR 416.67 USD
Total 1160000.00 NR $ 16111.1 USD
The US dollar amount of $16 111.11 is based on the current exchange rate of 72 Nepalese
Rupees of 1 US Dollar.
A small donation can make a big difference to the life of poor, helpless,
abandoned, orphan children and poor, helpless, widow, divorced, oppressed,
neglected, disadvantaged women of Nepal.
Thank you from all at Rainbow Children Home family, Nepal